Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A study in contrasts

Babble on.

Infantile: "They talk about me being outspoken," [MP Carolyn Parrish] said. "I'm speaking on my own behalf. This man is purporting to speak on behalf of the government, and I think he's dangerous.

"I'm totally offended by him. ..... We are also not a country that is going to easily throw away 100 years of peacekeeping reputation and noble reputation in the world by a testosterone-filled general, and I think somebody should put a clamp on his mouth." (Babbler's italics)

Mature: The plain-speaking general said he hadn't seen Parrish's comments but wasn't particularly concerned about them.

"I'm part of ensuring that Canadians understand and appreciate just what these fine men and women . . . just what fine work they do on their behalf," Hillier told reporters at Edmonton International Airport. "I'm not offended at all. I have a job to do, and I'm concentrated on doing that job." (also Babbler's italics)

Babble off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home