Thursday, July 21, 2005

What's next? Cats sleeping with dogs?

Babble on.

First I find myself patting the CBC on the back, and now I'm forced to applaud Comrade Mayor Miller's Toronto City Council? What the hell is the world coming to?

From today's Pravda Canada:

Veterans will get free parking at city lots and meters for the rest of the year.

City council voted 41 to 0 last night in favour of the proposal put forward by Councillor Michael Walker to give those with a provincially issued veteran's licence plate the small perk.
...
While Walker didn't know what the price tag would be for the program, he argued that it shouldn't matter.

"There is a cost to the city, but it's a price they have already paid." (Babbler's emphasis)


I couldn't have said that better myself. I congratulate Mr. Walker and his fellow councillors on their unanimous expression of gratitude towards those who so richly deserve it. This is a classy gesture.

Babble off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home