Monday, July 18, 2005

Sauce for the Travers

Babble on.

James Travers, that expert on What Generals Should and Shouldn't Do - what, you didn't know he was an expert? - has chastised General Hillier for his comments on the upcoming mission in Afghanistan the other day. Specifically, Travers' article is subtitled: Generals ought to avoid commenting on foreign policy.

Me? I like what Hillier said, and I like how he said it. In fact, I think it needed desperately to be said.

Personally, I think Travers should heed his own advice, and not just with respect to foreign policy. He ought to avoid commenting. Period.

Babble off.

3 Comments:

At 12:13 p.m., Blogger AJSomerset said...

Funny, I didn't think Hillier actually did comment on foreign policy.

 
At 1:51 p.m., Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

I'd agree, but the esteemed columnist for The Red Star (Pravda Canada) doesn't share our opinion, Skippy. Apparently, discussing enemy motivations, and our own soldiers' motivations strays into matters un-military.

 
At 8:05 p.m., Blogger Jarrett said...

Even if Hillier did do something which we can classify as a "comment on foriegn policy," I'm much more comfortable listening to the advice of a general on the matter than that of some self-involved rock star.

Perhaps it's the result of being in the middle of reading Romeo Dallaire's book, but I'm getting the feeling that sometimes only the soldiers know what's right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home