Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Movie tag

Babble on.

Well, since I've been tagged, get ready for some fluff. Movie tag it is, folks:

Teen favourite: Tough call. Return of the Jedi was released in my teen years, but the Star Wars saga really transcends that decade, so I don't think that's fair. I'll admit to liking WarGames, Ferris Bueller, and Breakfast Club way too much. The first Die Hard was cool at the time. But if I had to pick just one movie, it would have to be Top Gun. Between the flying scenes, the one-liners, Kelly "Nice Tongue" McGillis, and the fact that I was already shooting for an flying career in the CF, I was hooked. Funny thing is, it was also one of Litlbit's favourites, although for a completely different reason...

University favourite: Another difficult one for me to pick. I'll stay away from movies available only from a closed off section of the video store, featuring little or no dialogue, and sporting soundracks with a lot of wacka-chicka-wa-wa, although university was certainly my first exposure to that...genre. I remember being deeply affected by Glory, and swept up by Dances With Wolves. Dead Poets Society was excellent. Although it was made earlier, I discovered Highlander in university. Y'know, thinking about it, I'm not sure any of them stands above the rest. I guess movies didn't really feature prominently in my university years.

Recent favourite: Geez, this isn't getting any easier. Technical advancements have made possible excellent movie adaptations of books and characters I loved growing up. The Lord of The Rings trilogy is probably the best example of that. How recent is recent? Saving Private Ryan was such an important film. I can't say enough about all the Pixar flicks, although The Incredibles stands head and shoulders above the rest for me. Batman Begins is probably my favourite so far this year.

All-time favourite: Bah. This is just stupid. How can you pick just one movie? Even as an adult rediscovering them with my kids, I absolutely love the Disney classics. Anything with Hepburn, Grant, Tracy, Peck, or Stewart. The Great Escape. Aliens. Raiders. The Sting. For heaven's sake, I can't get through Christmas without Boris Karloff narrating The Grinch.

What a silly, silly game. Which does not in any way stop me from propagating this little blogging virus.

In the interests of diversity, I'll avoid tagging anyone I clipped with the book game: Skippy is infested, Andrew is Bound to answer, and I'm sure The Armorer will yell Argghhh! before he's done with this little treat.

Babble off.

1 Comments:

At 11:08 a.m., Blogger VW said...

Now don't you feel better about letting your brain think about something OTHER than politics?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home