Tuesday, November 09, 2004

The Politics of Python

Babble on.

I'm trying to figure out which Python-as-politics post is my favourite:

Mudville Gazette's Sir John Kerry the Black Knight?

Black Knight: Have at you!
King Arthur: You are indeed brave, sir knight, but the fight is mine.
Black Knight: Oh, had enough, eh?
King Arthur: Look, you stupid bastard. You've got no arms left!
Black Knight: Yes I have.
King Arthur: Look!
Black Knight: It's just a flesh wound!

The Black Knight continues to threaten Arthur despite getting both his arms cut off

King Arthur: What are you gonna do, bleed on me?


No Pasaran's “Oh, peace! SHUT UP!”?
Finally, with a sharp voice, Reg cuts the discussion short “Alright, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, the roads, a fresh-water system, and public health, what have the [Americans] Romans ever done for us?”

A shy finger goes up…“Brought peace…”

“Oh, peace! SHUT UP!”

Political Staples' Dead Terrorist Parrot?
D: No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'! Remarkable leader, Yasser Arafat, idn'it, ay? Beautiful headdress!
R: The headdress don't enter into it. He's stone dead.
D: Nononono, no, no! 'E's resting!
R: All right then, if he's restin', I'll wake him up!(shouting at the bed)'Ello, Mister Arafat! I've got a fresh load of UN laundered money for you...(doctor hits the bed)
D: There, he moved!
R: No, he didn't, that was you hitting the bed!

Other nominations are welcome (here's your chance, Bradley).

Babble off.

Update: Ray at PolSpy joins the contest with a hopeful "Bring out yer dead!"

6 Comments:

At 12:50 p.m., Blogger Greg said...

You are forgetting the famous "Bring out your dead" sequence from "Holy Grail".

 
At 12:53 p.m., Blogger Greg said...

http://www.mwscomp.com/movies/grail/grail-02.htm

 
At 9:58 a.m., Blogger Doug said...

I was going to cry foul over the parrot sketch, but then I realized that Political Staples ripped it off at least two full days before I did. I'll have to improvise (a Babbling Brooks exclusive) -

Interviewer: Good evening. I have with me in the studio tonight Senator John F. Kerry, who for the last few years has been contradicting people. Mr. Kerry, why do you contradict people?
Kerry: I don't!
Interviewer: You told me that you did.
Kerry: I most certainly did not!
Interviewer: Oh. I see. I'll start again.
Kerry: No you won't!
Interviewer: Ssh! Mr Kerry I understand you don't contradict people.
Kerry: Yes I do!
Interviewer: And when didn't you start contradicting people?
Kerry: Well I did, in 1952.
Interviewer: 1952?
Kerry: 1947.
Interviewer: Twenty-three years ago.
Kerry: No!

 
At 3:28 p.m., Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

Doug, are you sure you weren't going to cry 'fowl' over the parrot sketch?

*groan!*

 
At 12:32 a.m., Blogger Doug said...

Owl have to admit, heron that did ruffle my feathers. But tern-about is fair play, I've no egg on my face, and I'm talon you I have no egrets.

 
At 9:15 a.m., Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

Doug, I bow to a man who's even cheesier than I am.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home