Monday, November 08, 2004

Hear ye, hear ye...

Babble on.

The Red Ensign Standard has been published over at Bound By Gravity. It has become the tradition that the Standard-bearer write an introduction to the post that expresses why he or she flies the Red Ensign. Andrew adheres to this custom with striking honesty:

If you were to have asked me if I would fly the Red Ensign on my blog nine months ago, I would have looked at you and asked if you were crazy. "Canada's fine," I would have answered, "we're a great nation of peacekeepers and we help millions of people around the world with our aid programs." I look back at what I believed only a few short months ago and can only shake my head. I was naive. I trusted that what I was taught about Canada in school was the complete truth, and I never bothered to question the information I was given. In short, I was a fool.


I don't always agree with Andrew's opinions, but I'll take one of him over a hundred blinkered right-wing fools. Good on you, Andrew.

And I must now make amends for an oversight two weeks ago. Myrick did an outstanding job with the Standard, and I didn't make the slightest mention of it. I was just back from my trip, and trying to catch up and deal with the Voldemort affair, but that is no excuse. Myrick, please accept my apologies, and also my congratulations on a job well done.

Babble off.

1 Comments:

At 10:10 a.m., Blogger Andrew said...

Thanks - I appreciate it! Reading all of the Red Ensign blogs has helped open my mind to everything that's going on in the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home