Monday, October 25, 2004

Perpetuating cynicism

Babble on.

As someone who bought into the idea of military leadership when I was but a wee OCdt at RMC, and then fell pretty hard when I realized it existed only in small pockets - mostly quite far down the chain of command - I can second Marcel's advice to Canadian CDS Gen Ray Henault.

Now, I know nothing about the reasons for this particular purchase, but I cannot believe that the Navy would not have prefered brand new subs, if the budget was there for it. I challenge anyone involved in the project to look me in the eye and say "We would rather have the used subs than new ones".

And Ray, you do nothing for your credibility in the eyes of your subordinates by claiming otherwise. Instead of always saying what the government wants you to say, how about saying what is true and strengthening the faith of the lower ranks in their senior leadership? (italics by Babbler)


Hear, hear. Enough of the man in the green flannel suit already.

Babble off.

2 Comments:

At 2:33 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so either you're too cool to respond to former classmates' email to the snowman account or that account is so spamulated that stuff gets lost. Which is it?

Mike O'Connor

 
At 5:03 p.m., Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

Sorry Mike, I can't find the e-mail you're talking about. Resend? I'll watch for it this time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home