Thursday, October 21, 2004

I'll take my cue from Forrest Gump

Babble on.

Bermuda was absolutely spectacular, although quite pricey. Business seemed to go well - but having said that, I will knock on wood until the ink dries on a signature. Now I'm back to Toronto commuter traffic, drizzly-cold autumn days, and blogging. Which brings me to the little tempest that raged across the Canadian blogosphere in my absence.

To those of you who expressed your support regarding Lord Voldemort, I thank you. To those who said I should have held my ground and fought the good fight, I can only say this: I appreciate your point, and encourage you to fight whatever fights you think are worth fighting. Maybe if I was a fifty-something semi-retired lawyer, financially secure with grown-up kids, I'd be more willing to spend my time and money to make a point.

But I'm not. I have other things I'd prefer to spend my time on right now. Like watching Mini-Boo stand up in the kitchen and walk unassisted into the living room of our house as her mother and I stand there clapping and cheering her on. Like reading "The Tale of Tales" to Boo as we snuggle into a comfy couch before bedtime. Like spending some hard-earned private time with the best wife a man could ever ask for - certainly much more than I deserve. Spending my time and money defending lawsuits isn't on that agenda.

So to echo Patrick: I'm done with Voldemort. And that's all I have to say about that.

Babble off.

5 Comments:

At 7:26 p.m., Blogger AdSense Angel said...

Welcome back!

 
At 10:54 p.m., Blogger The Tiger said...

I figure, you did more than your bit just by letting the rest of us know about the tactics. :-) And it just shows the power of information flows, doesn't it?

Lord Voldemort has completely discredited himself in many eyes with everything since.

 
At 3:01 p.m., Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

Sorry Sean, I thought the reference would be clear: Voldemort is generally known as He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

 
At 8:57 p.m., Blogger Shannon said...

I like "Lord Voldemort" as a nickname for he-who-shall-not-be-named, since it reflects what seems to be his image of himself as a brilliant schemer against whom we poor eeevil right-wing bloggers are defenseless. Sean does have a point, but I think the name works if you take it ironically.

Of course, maybe he really wants us to call him Voldemort, and it's all part of his nefarious mind control strategy. Yes, that's it. Clearly he wanted me to post this comment supporting Damian's choice of nicknames, and manipulated me into doing so. If only I could make him stop -- but he's just too clever for me.

 
At 1:10 p.m., Blogger Shannon said...

Another argument for Voldemort: the original Voldemort is also known as "The Dark Lord", while his namesake is also known as "the Prince of Darkness". Coincidence? I think not.

Some alternative nicknames:

"The Puppet Master" (In recognition of his skillful manipulation of right-wing bloggers.)

"Kin-smell-a" (A self-explanatory juvenile insult that someone else -- like, say, one of his kindergarten classmates -- has probably already come up with, but I couldn't resist adding. The Puppet Master made me do it.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home