Monday, October 11, 2004

I can't tell you why...

Babble on.

Christopher Reeve has died at age 52.

I don't know why this saddens me so. I thought the Superman movies were fun, but kind of hokey. Other than his interesting remake of Rear Window in 1998, I can't name another of his movies. His autobiography Still Me was interesting - but in sort of an inside-the-celebrity-lifestyle and then but-for-the-grace-of-God-go-I way. Nothing spectacular. No world-changing decisions, no inspiring acts of selfless heroism or eye-opening expressions great truths.

Reeve was undoubtedly courageous, but probably no more so than so many others who dealt with the same type of trauma outside the media spotlight.

Yet I'm still saddened by news of this premature passing.

Babble off.

1 Comments:

At 7:35 a.m., Blogger Doug said...

I think Susan Sarandon heard Kerry mention Reeve in the stem cell question of the debate on Friday, and decided she could catapult stem cell discussion by martyring him and sway the election.

I saw Children of Dune, Susan - I know what you're capable of!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home