Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Yet another wake-up call

Babble on.

Today's Tiger is...I was about to say 'dead on'...exactly correct. Unfortunately, I don't believe I'm being overly cynical when I say the vast majority of Canadians don't want to answer any of the questions posed. The world is indeed a scary place, and a head-sized hole in the sand is much more comfortable - at least for our head. Our collective ass is still hanging out there. One of these days, some of the scary people are going to kick it hard. What will we do then?

Babble off.

3 Comments:

At 8:09 p.m., Blogger The Tiger said...

I wish I could claim credit for it, but I was just quoting the article I linked to.

Every time I try to talk to my friends about this sort of thing, we just aren't on the same page.

Fortunately, we don't matter. We could (and did, once upon a time), but we've chosen not to.

 
At 9:47 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems to me that whether or not Canada ever takes a direct hit from these Islamolunatics should be irrelevant. We're dealing with declared enemies of western civilization. So no matter where they strike it's a clear blow against us, our vital interests. What Canada and the rest of the dozy, leftist, idealist (but morally vacuous) western world needs to do is wake up to the fact that they're at war and then try to find the spine and the moral and political resolve to join the battle. But I guess that last sentence explains why, even with a direct hit, that's not going to happen anytime soon. ...Jake

 
At 10:48 p.m., Blogger The Tiger said...

Yes, yes we are. But I've given up on my native country in this aspect, and I'm fixing to head back down to my mother's country -- did my undergrad down there, and so grad school down there mightn't be beyond reach.

I voted my way this time 'round and worked for one of the campaigns, but a year in the academic climate here taught me that, well, things aren't changing any time soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home