Friday, September 03, 2004

Grief

Babble on.

The Russians stormed the school grounds. I've been thinking about this for a couple of days now, and I can't see that there was any alternative. Given recent Russian history in hostage situations, I certainly wasn't surprised. But, my God, what a decision to make.

At least one hundred people are dead, according to a BBC journalist. Many more injured and traumatized. Most of them children.

Second Samuel XVIII 33
And the king was much moved, and went up to the chamber over the gate, and wept: and as he went, thus he said, O my son Absalom! my son, my son Absalom! would God I had died for thee, O Absalom, my son, my son!

Babble off.

1 Comments:

At 12:42 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems the Russians were forced into action when the terrorists detonated some explosives. This action by the terrorists may have been the result of a mis-read as to the immediate intent of the security forces. In any event, the Russians seemed ill-prepared to resolve the situation, and the catastrophic death toll is the result. Again.

Time for the Russians to hire some Israeli mercenaries .....


Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home