Friday, May 20, 2005

Oh, about the vote...

Babble on.

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

As I predicted, our precious planet continues to rotate on its axis, and thus I witnessed a breathtaking sunrise this morning. In fact, it continues to shine down on the dirty concrete of Toronto outside my office window even now.

Time to start talking policy and vision, folks. Time to get some competent tacticians advising the committed policy wonk we've elected as party leader. Time to win the next one.

Pitter-patter, let's get at 'er.

Babble off.

Update: And in case any of you were wondering who penned the best line on this whole sordid incident that culminated in a farcical Mulligan for the oligarchs yesterday, it was Debbye:

CTV puts a curious spin on it:
Prime Minister Paul Martin put his 11-month-old Liberal minority government to the test today, and passed.

Huh. I guess they see the vote as the test, whereas I see the events and manipulations leading up to the vote as the test. (Babbler's italics)


That sums it up quite neatly, I think. I wish I'd written that one myself.

4 Comments:

At 3:31 p.m., Blogger Greg said...

That's the most sensible thing I've read on a Conservative site today. You have your work cut our for you B. You have start by talking some of your fellows off the ledge. Really, I think you guys dodged bullet. Now you have time to organize yourselves properly.

 
At 3:31 p.m., Blogger Andrew said...

"Time to start talking policy and vision folks."

Dude - what have I been screaming for months on my site? It's long past time to tell Canadians why the CPC is a government in waiting.

 
At 3:46 p.m., Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

Sorry Andrew, should have linked to you in here somewhere. You're right, you have been screaming it for months, but I'm exhorting both the rank and file and the party bigwigs to get on with showing Joe and Jane Canuck how a Conservative government would look.

You've been right all along. Not that I ever said anything else, but you've been yelling it loudest.

 
At 5:55 p.m., Blogger Andrew said...

Hmmm - on re-reading my comment it came out whiney. Sorry - I didn't mean it that way... I blame the benylin that I've been pumping myself full of for three days running.

I hope to see more and more CPC bloggers writing about policy, or at least not constantly attacking. Attacking is addictive... it's so easy to do... which is why we need to try to focus on other things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home