Tuesday, May 10, 2005

And now, for something completely different

Babble on.

Listening to the CHUM-FM morning show on the way into work this morning, I heard an interview with a couple of guys from Coldplay in town for a small warm-up concert before their latest album release, and the big tour that will surely follow. One line in particular caught my attention:

"We work incredibly hard, and we think we're quite good. But we're constantly amazed that anyone else agrees."


A genuinely self-effacing rock band. How refreshing. I can't say I have their talent, but I do think I can identify with their sentiment.

I don't work particularly hard at blogging. It's a theraputic hobby; I'm not pushing to be known as the 'hardest working man in blogdom', or anything like that. Putting aside any false modesty, I think I write some quality posts - although I'm not satisfied with the inconsistency of my good stuff.

But like the folks in Coldplay, I'm constantly amazed that anyone else thinks my thoughts are really worth reading. So to those who drop by to cheer, to jeer, or to crack open a cold one and watch the train wreck each day: thanks for coming out.

(That's it. I'm not going to segue into some grand polemic berating Paul Martin for being such a dithering twit, or anything like that. Just "thanks.")

Babble off.

2 Comments:

At 11:40 a.m., Blogger Don said...

No man - thank you!

One of my favs.

 
At 1:19 a.m., Blogger bob said...

Actually, I was looking for a Librano with three buttocks.
Keep on, man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home