Monday, May 02, 2005

Insulting

Babble on.

Nick Packwood earned my respect and admiration by founding the Red Ensign Brigade and penning the Winston Review. It pains me to say he has squandered that respect by drawing an odious comparison between Canadian Conservative Party supporters such as myself who don't feel SSM is worth a single-issue vote, and Germans who looked the other way while Jews were being dragged away to Auschwitz and Birkenau.

You read that right. And yes, I'm taking it personally.

Babble off.

5 Comments:

At 12:14 p.m., Blogger Don said...

I don't see that comparison on his post - Taliban and other over the top hyper-righteous comparisons but not the one you claim.

Did I miss it?

 
At 12:46 p.m., Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

Yes, I think you missed it, Don.

 
At 12:53 p.m., Blogger Don said...

Ah, the link.

 
At 1:44 p.m., Blogger Andrew said...

I think something snapped in Nick's head a while back - he's been unbearable with the tunnel-vision SSM stuff. It's not the issue he keeps pretending it is.

 
At 12:39 a.m., Blogger The Tiger said...

I take it less personally -- but I did make sure to write about it on my site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home