Monday, May 02, 2005

My wife rocks

Babble on.

My wife Litlbit just called me at work. She said our four-year-old Boo wanted to learn how to sing O Canada, and she was trying to teach him. But each time she ran through the song for him, she got caught up on a couple of lines. Here's how she described it to me:

"...so each time I sing 'We stand on guard for thee' I'm thinking 'Not if we don't do something about our military, we don't.' More like 'We cross our fingers and hope to hell our American neighbours stand on guard for thee'. And then it hits me: if I sold it as some sort of national unity project and promised to donate heavily back to The Party, I could probably get a Liberal government contract to pay me for the re-write! And then you wouldn't have to work anymore!"


That's my Litbit: always looking for ways to keep me home and in high clover. Have I mentioned that I absolutely love this woman?

Babble off.

Update: Well, so much for that idea. Angry beat us to it.

2 Comments:

At 3:39 p.m., Blogger buckets said...

"As of last night, the Tories estimate, the Liberals have unleashed $6,237,378,024 in a bid to soothe an angry electorate. It's on the party's website, under the heading: "Paul Martin's Non-Election Promises."

Except that $6.3b is really liberal-speak for the same $100m promised 63 times. ;-)

 
At 4:09 p.m., Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

Except that $6.3b is really liberal-speak for the same $100m promised 63 times.

Welcome to my frustration with the "$13 billion in defence funding" meme.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home