Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Dilettante

Babble on.

I don't get it (ht:Bourque). Belinda pulls and pulls to get the Alliance and PC's together. She campaigns for the leadership. She wins a squeaker in her riding, based mostly upon the fact that she's a local girl with a fresh face and a fresh outlook in a fresh party.

Then she goes and makes herself look like a slimeball opportunist like Scott Brison.

No wonder people think politicians are all a bunch of liars and crooks, when they can switch sides without batting an eye, and take a cabinet post too.

Stronach was elected a Conservative. She should have had at least Keith Martin's decency to sit as an independent until she could win the Liberal nomination in Aurora. Ugly.

Babble off.

Update: Calgary Grit has the laugh-out-loud funniest take on this whole affair:

I really have no clue what this means. I don't think anyone does. However, I am prepared to offer a preview of today's question period in another round of virtual QP.

The honourable member from Central Nova

Peter MacKay: Mr. Speaker, my question is for the Human Resources Development Minister. Belinda...I thought we had something...how can you do this to me?


Heheheh...nice.

Upperdate: While I'm not the biggest fan of Peter MacKay, I cringed when I read this. Breaking up is never easy, but to have it play out in the press like this must be completely humiliating.

Not to be too much of a stick-in-the-mud here, but if I'd spared a thought for MacKay, I probably wouldn't have found CG's mock Hansard quote quite so funny.

4 Comments:

At 11:43 a.m., Blogger John the Mad said...

Ugly says it all.

 
At 5:50 p.m., Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

TH, I seem to recall you still harbour fond feelings for your ex. Think back to your own breakup. Imagine it all playing out in front of the cameras.

Ha ha! Haaaaahaahhaha! *pointing finger and laughing*

Or maybe not.

Oh, I laughed out loud when I first read it - that's why I posted it. But remembering back to when I didn't have the best wife in the known universe, back to the last time I was unceremoniously dumped, kind of cut short the hilarity, y'know?

 
At 1:49 p.m., Blogger bob said...

Love is the answer.
Now, what was the question?
Keep babblin'.

 
At 6:20 p.m., Blogger calgarygrit said...

I actually did feel kind of bad for Peter today. He finds out a few hours before that she's leaving him and his party and didn't even bother talking things through with him first. That's pretty low. Margarete Wente had a pretty good comment on the MacKay angle in the Globe today.

And, to his credit, MacKay's saying the right things in the press today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home