Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The Liberals asked the wrong man

Babble on.

I'm with MGen (R) MacKenzie on this one (ht:H&W):

To suggest, as Mr. Dallaire has done, that the African Union's modest and ill-equipped force can successfully operate in an area the size of France and bring deadly force to bear to stop the killing in Darfur -- and that a few unarmed Canadian observers and advisers will make them even more effective -- is naive in the extreme.


And before I hear any of the knee-jerk cries of political bias from those who know his politics lean to the right, I'd suggest you read about MacKenzie's vigourous support of an NDP candidate vilified by his own party and the press.

The Liberal plan for Sudan is a complete sham, and while I respect the depth of Senator Dallaire's sacrifice in service to his country and don't wish to disparage the man, I don't know how he can lend this ill-conceived farce the credibility of his name.

Babble off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home