Thursday, October 28, 2004

The blogosphere is getting awfully chilly

Babble on.

Between legal threats, and actual firings, the blogosphere has become a little less fun of late:

A US airline attendant is fighting for her job after she was suspended over postings on her blog, or online diary.

Queen of the Sky, otherwise known as Ellen Simonetti, evolved into an anonymous semi-fictional account of life in the sky.

But after she posted pictures of herself in uniform, Delta Airlines suspended her indefinitely without pay.

Ms Simonetti was told her suspension was a result of "inappropriate" images. Delta Airlines declined to comment. (thanks to SondraK)


Of course, this isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened.

And Blogger's tips don't seem all that reassuring.

You know, if I had wanted a dangerous hobby, I would have picked base-jumping for heck's sake.

Babble off.

Update: You just knew someone would have an irreverent take on the whole issue.

4 Comments:

At 4:56 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come no RSS feed? Does it cost extra?

 
At 2:55 p.m., Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

Anonymous, you assume I know what an RSS feed is. The reason I picked Blogger for my site is that it's pretty close to idiot-proof - although I've stretched the limits of that assertion a few times.

Please enlighten me by e-mail if you'd like.

 
At 5:47 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=698&topic=36

 
At 5:32 p.m., Blogger Doug said...

Aye, lots of bloggers and readers are syndication junkies. Personally, as soon as I got an RSS reader I stopped getting anything done. I could waste away in the basement with my face glued to it; I had to get rid of it.

Once you set up Blogger's ATOM feed, drop by feedburner.com; they'll give you some cut & paste code to add an RSS feed as well (which is more widely supported than ATOM). I think their instructions shouldn't look too unfriendly to non-technical sorts, but drop me an e-mail if you need a hand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home