Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Are you reading James Bow?

Babble on.

If you're not, you should be. Seriously.

While I have every expectation that the Liberals will turn in their worst performance since 1988 or even 1984, I am here to caution people against predicting the second death of a mainstream party in under a decade. It won’t happen. Because, as corrupt as they are, the Liberals aren’t the Progressive Conservatives of old. They are made out of entirely different material.


He makes good sense. Go read the rest. I'll wait.

Back now? Assume for a moment that the Conservatives win this election and form a minority government. Two thirds of the electorate will still have voted for left-of-centre parties. Because the electorate still leans ideologically to the left, the truth is that until we follow Tasha and Adam's advice, the Liberals will remain the Natural Governing Party.

...unless the NDP can pull their act together and squeeze them out on the left. But that's a post for a different day.

Babble off.

2 Comments:

At 3:02 a.m., Blogger Candace said...

Have you read it? Because I get the feeling Harper has (I haven't, so am just guessing based on all the squeals coming from the right).

 
At 9:47 a.m., Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

If you're talking about Adam & Tasha's book, no I haven't. Santa ignored that line in my letter.

But I have heard both of them speak about it (on CBC radio, no less!) and I agree with what I've heard. It's about feeding a movement, not just voting for a political party.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home