Monday, June 06, 2005

Regional Standard

Babble on.

Temujin at West Coast Chaos has posted the latest edition of the Red Ensign Standard.

As Alzheimer's disease ravages my maternal grandmother like it did her husband in the 1990's, it has become more important to me to remember the things she told me as a boy. My grandmother was fully aware of history. She told me stories of her life as a young girl in Saskatchewan, and recalled the times that her husband played band for the troops that were set to depart. It is the ultimate irony that such a woman would have her mind taken from her in this way. And people in this country choose to forget.


You're not the only one amazed and disappointed by that, Tem.

There's very good reading out there, under a Red Ensign crackling in a stiff northern wind.

Babble off.

1 Comments:

At 7:47 p.m., Blogger Temujin said...

Thank you.

The post directly above this one is very inspiring. Great work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home