Thursday, November 18, 2004

Careful what you wish for...

Babble on.

It looks like we're getting Fox News.

I'm glad Canadians will finally be able to legally see this stuff - truly I am - but with two important caveats.

First, whatever Fox News is, it's not as good as some of my Canadian rightist-type fellows are building it up to be. This will not save us from the unholy alliance of ravaging CBC and Toronto Star hordes.

Second, Canadian conservatives, please be prepared to get bludgeoned by our leftist 'mainstream' when a talking head on Fox says something stupid. This is going to be considered 'our' network whether we like it or not. As if being in the same party as Randy White wasn't enough.

The old saying holds true: "careful what you wish for..."

Babble off.

3 Comments:

At 1:25 p.m., Blogger Greg said...

I have no problem with it being on the digital tier. That way, the true believers can see Sean Hannity in all his glory, while the rest of us can watch Red Green on the CBC.

 
At 5:21 p.m., Blogger K. Shoshana said...

I wouldn't know if Fox is as good as us Right-wing types are making out. I have never been allowed to see it and make up my own mind. Just the fact that there will an alternative msm cable venue in Canada that is not coming from the left, lefter, and leftiest side is cause to celebrate in my books - and if the Star and the CBC go all moonbatty - so much the better - just lets a wider audience see them in their true moonbeam radiance. I don't mind paying extra for it, but I do resent being forced to pay for what I don't watch e.g. CBC Newsworld.

 
At 9:49 a.m., Blogger The Tiger said...

Come on, guys. You know you want to watch broadcasts on the off-chance you'll find a belligerent-looking eagle graphic along the way... ;-)

(I'm sure I'll get just as annoyed with Fox as I do with the CBC.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home