Friday, August 06, 2004

Being Liberal means never having to say you're sorry

Babble on.

Has anyone else noticed how all the Liberals accused of wrongdoing in the past year seem to have read Moby Dick? How else do you explain their almost uniform response to whatever allegations they face? It's like they're all reading Captain Ahab's lines: "...to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. "

Or maybe they got it from Star Trek: Wrath of Khan.

Alfonso Gagliano: "I have nothing to regret. I did my job as a minister with integrity and honesty."

Michel Vennat: "Faced with this injustice, I will be taking the necessary steps to defend my integrity and my reputation."

Marc LeFrancois: "My reputation has been destroyed I didn't deserve to be dismissed, particularly in such a cavalier way."

Jean Pelletier: "Does anyone truly believe for one moment that my career was brutally cut short simply because of my controversial comments?"

Jean Carle: "I got only one thing to say to you punks in the press: Omerta. You can't prove nothin'. Now get out of my face." (OK, I made this one up)

Now, we get a seventeen-page letter from Andre Ouellet that spins rationalizations, justifications, and excuses for the abuses of power outlined in the Deloitte and Touche report on management practices within Canada Post. Nowhere in his letter does this Chretien crony apologize, or even admit he did anything wrong. Not that I was holding my breath.

Ouellet is full of Michael Moore fudge, and I'm pretty sure John McCallum is going to fire him. Amidst all the lies, however, Ouellet has spoken the truth about one thing: he's not getting fired because he used a crown corporation as his own private playground and bank. He's getting fired because he's given the Martin thugs the excuse they needed to fire a Chretien thug.

The Martinite Liberals want us to believe this is part of their oh-so-noble effort to clean up government. But has a single elected public servant taken even an ounce of responsibility? Will even one stand up and say "I knew there was something fishy going on with Grand Mere / Adscam / the BDC / et cetera, and I should have done something about it. I will tender my resignation immediately"?

We deserve better. At least I do. The rest of you bozos who voted Liberal deserve to get punched in the nose.

Babble off.

2 Comments:

At 2:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We deserve better. At least I do. The rest of you bozos who voted Liberal deserve to get punched in the nose."

You are right there my rightwing friend. If it makes you feel any better, I can take away some of your freedom and follow liars blindly into wars that do not concern us... (j/k)

...guess who...

Anyway, I totally agree with you on this point. One of the problems that both the provincial and federal Liberals face is that they cannot admit when they are wrong. It is a moral high-ground feeling that they can do no wrong, after all, they are the good guys. Even I, someone that unfortunately did vote that way, am getting very fed up with a government that never admits this.

It will be interesting to see of both Liberal parties are going to be able to turn around this tarnished image in time for the next election. Maybe if someone taught them to say they were sorry...

 
At 2:16 p.m., Blogger The Tiger said...

H'm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home