Thursday, July 29, 2004

Batman Begins

Babble on.

Thanks to Nicholas Packwood for reminding me about Batman Begins.  Nobody has yet done justice to this character (no pun intended) on film.  But the trailer and photos look promising.

I'm trying not to get my hopes too high, but this looks very...Frank Miller.  Ok, my hopes are now officially up.

Growing up, Batman wasn't always my favourite comic book character.  But he's always been the most interesting one, the one I've come back to time and again after the shine has worn off the latest and greatest newbie.

Maybe this movie can finally wash away the foul taste left by the cinematic rubbish of Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.  Maybe we will be able to erase from public consciousness the nightmarish memory of George Clooney as Bruce Wayne.  Maybe at long last we'll see The Dark Knight.

I can't wait.

Babble off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home