Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The 'I think' buffet

Babble on.

I think the heckling of a Canadian tennis player in Canada by other Canadians (or Canadian residents) based solely upon ethnic background is despicable. If Daniel Nestor was black, or Jewish, or gay, there would be a cross-partisan shitstorm directed at these twits, and rightly so. So why the relative silence on this one?

I think reviewing the nomination process for candidates that have run unsuccessfully twice in the past is a good thing (ht:CG). In my former riding, the CPC candidate has now run twice for that party, and once for the Canadian Alliance prior to that, without success. As I understand it, he was set to run yet again the next time around. He's a party insider, and has a lock on the riding membership - so much so that nobody even bothered to run against him for the nomination last time around. Having a loyal and disciplined following within a riding association is important for a prospective candidate, but it shouldn't be the only factor in deciding who runs.

I think the end times must be near when I find myself agreeing with Ujjal frickin' Dosanjh, of all people, on a defence matter (ht:Torch). There had better be an explanation for this move that isn't spelled P-O-R-K. My time and money will not continue to go to a party that uses defence like this.

I think I can actually hear the galloping hooves of the Four Horsemen when I read a former Liberal Justice Minister eviscerate a former Supreme Court of Canada Justice (ht:SG) for ignorant and unhelpful pronouncements from her pulpit at the United Nations. Good on Irwin for playing against type.

I think I'm done thinking for today.

Babble off.

3 Comments:

At 1:54 p.m., Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

Voting is a duty for me. I'll make the best choice I can at the time.

On the other hand, volunteering and contributing my money isn't a duty.

 
At 7:29 p.m., Blogger no sleep said...

Cotler's so right on this it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

As Dave van Horne used to say - that one's up up and awaaaaay.

OC

 
At 6:56 p.m., Blogger deaner said...

Of course, 'ol Irv would have been doing the trained seal routine had he been the Justice Minister of the day when Arbour was nominated to the SCoC. Amazing what being turfed out of office (with little expectation of a return to life of Ministerial staff, First-Class travel and hobnobbing with the great and the good) can do for intellectual rigour and clarity of thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home