Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Cats have been herded

Babble on.

Well, we're moved. And that's about the best I can say of the process.

In the end, we were at it for thirty hours or so. Straight. Well, interrupted twice by monsoons, and a couple more times to wolf down a slice of pizza or three.

Big thanks to my Barrie Correspondent, to my Dad, and to Chris Taylor for losing about a third of their body weight in sweat over the course of the first twelve or fourteen hours. Taylor, didn't your time in the reserves teach you anything? Never volunteer. Thanks to Grandma B (Jr.) for minding the rug-rats for a half-day longer than expected. Thanks to my Litbit for not putting me out of her misery with a well-placed two-hander to the back of my bald dome, which would have been entirely justifiable at five in the morning after an all-nighter.

And finally, a big hearty f*ckyouverymuch to the World Champion Asshats at Air 'buh-bye' Canada for cancelling a flight from Vancouver to Toronto for no discernible reason, and consequently leaving a very frustrated friend swearing and stewing in an airport instead of swearing and humping boxes for my move.

Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time to finance my chiropractors' all-expenses-paid vacation to Bora Bora.

Babble off.

3 Comments:

At 1:45 p.m., Blogger Chris Taylor said...

Someday -- and that day may never come -- I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this help as a gift on my daughter's wedding day...

It was all good. Muscles recovered after a day. Apparently we should have stayed longer -- you guys were at it until FIVE?! Ouch.

 
At 3:44 p.m., Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

Actually, we returned the truck at 8:30 and fought traffic back for over an hour back to the house before crashing.

 
At 4:07 p.m., Blogger Chris Taylor said...

P.S. I'm gonna pimp my amateur meteorologist street cred here. Ya know how we had the really impressive downpour in the afternoon, and I pointed out the wall cloud rotation / mesocyclone activity?

Apparently somebody spotted a little funnel cloud over Markham that afternoon. Didn't touch down, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home