Monday, October 03, 2005

With a whimper, not a bang...

Babble on.

As at least one of you has noticed - thanks Sean - my rate of posting has dropped off somewhat over the course of the past month or so. To nil. So while I reserve the right to flip-flop like a trout in the bottom of your fishing-boat, I'm going to call it quits for now.

I'll leave you with a joke I heard this morning:

Donald Rumsfeld is briefing President Bush one morning, and gives what he thinks is a better than usual casualty report: "Mr. President, we lost three Brazilian soldiers in Iraq yesterday."

Dubya's jaw drops and his face grows ashen. Rummy is shocked, and asks the President what's wrong. Confused, Bush looks around at his advisors and replies:

"Well damn, Rummy, I may not be able to count that high, but I know even one brazillion is a lot of men."


Ah well, you get what you pay for. Thanks for putting up with me for so long.

Babble off.

13 Comments:

At 5:47 p.m., Blogger deaner said...

Damian - this has been the home of some very high-quality babbling. As said above, I hope you will feel like picking it up again, and in the mean time, I will miss your contributions.

Glad to know it is nothing serious personally, or on the home front!

Dean

 
At 8:05 p.m., Blogger Greg Staples said...

It was great while it lasted...

Hopefully you will still join us for the Blogopaloozas when they happen.

Cheers,
Greg

 
At 8:12 p.m., Blogger Mark said...

Dude, thou shalt be missed.

 
At 8:40 p.m., Blogger VW said...

You'll definitely be missed, man.

 
At 9:38 p.m., Blogger Sue said...

Well, I am sorry to hear it. You have been a bright spot in the blogosphere and one of the main reasons that made me join the Red Ensigners.

But at the same time, I understand. I'm about in the same space myself - directions changing and new adventures abound.

Have a great fall and who knows? Maybe you'll get bitten by the bug again!

 
At 1:37 a.m., Blogger Janie For Mayor said...

Enjoy a good long break, Damian. It just might make a difference. Here's hoping you do your trout routine.

 
At 6:57 a.m., Blogger Greg said...

I've enjoyed boxing with you B! I hope you come back soon. P.S. I noticed you were gone, but I just thought you were a lazy conservative ;p .

 
At 11:52 a.m., Blogger The Tiger said...

Others had noticed, too -- but it's happened before.

Have fun yelling at the TV, and shall be in touch come Christmas vacation.

Godspeed.

 
At 10:37 p.m., Blogger John the Mad said...

Gadzooks Batman. I thought you were just taking a short breather. Sorry to hear of this decision Damian. You've done well. Return at some point lad. The Brigade has need of such as ye.

 
At 2:12 p.m., Blogger John the Mad said...

One more thing. Iwas going to attend rthe last brigade brew up at the Bishop & Belcher (Is that the name?) I just couldn't make it at the last minute. A prime reason for going was to meet you. Tell me you'll still attend future shindigs.

 
At 1:14 p.m., Blogger Right Ho said...

Damian -- Sorry to hear that you have decided to stop blogging. Good luck, and all the best in your future endeavours.

 
At 4:17 p.m., Blogger RightGirl said...

Hope you'll come back and babble at us once more in the future.

RG

 
At 12:01 a.m., Blogger Candace said...

I've checked back a few times & figured you were on vacation or something; I will certainly miss your posts and hope you get inspired to return.

cheers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home