Thursday, January 06, 2005

Wouldja shaddup fer one stinkin' minute?!

Babble on.

Tipping my fedora* to Bob at Canadian Comment, I ask you if there might be even one television executive in the whole wide world whose head is more than a well-coiffed hatrack?

Apparently there is, as Jonathan Klein, the just-out-of-the-wrapper-new CEO of CNN's U.S. network has refused to renew Crossfire host Tucker Carlson's contract:

"I doubt that when the president sits down with his advisers they scream at him to bring him up to date on all of the issues," he said. "I don't know why we don't treat the audience with the same respect."


How observant of you, Jon. I don't know why you don't either. Perhaps you could see your way clear to do something about that.

*You think I'm kidding about the fedora. Try being bald in the winter, and see what's available to wear with a suit. Besides, the ladies tell me they like it. They use words like 'rakish' and 'dashing'. Who am I to argue?

Babble off.

3 Comments:

At 2:08 p.m., Blogger Chris Taylor said...

The autumn of the first year that I shaved my head, I found out that headgear is not just a wise suggestion in the colder months. A fedora and a ushanka (russian-style fur hat) found their way into the wardrobe very quickly.

 
At 4:28 p.m., Blogger VW said...

I always figured fedoras would come back into style.

A couple of years ago I bought a Stetson Temple via hats.com. It went well with my leather A-2 bomber jacket and Timber Creek slacks, which has become my standard spring-fall look.

Now if only I could figure out how to stop my co-workers from whistling that danged John Williams march ...

 
At 11:55 p.m., Blogger Doug said...

What about Paul Begala? Do the president's advisors shoot snide non-sequiturs across the table while wearing muck-eating grins? What about a bell? Do they keep ringing a bell at intervals for no divinable reason? They should take Crossfire off the air, because the president's advisors don't televise presidential briefings on cable news shows. And if they did, it probably wouldn't be crappy.

Wait a minute - when did Crossfire become the president's advisors? Does it matter? Probably not. There should be no more hip-hip, since I doubt that when the president sits down with his advisors they deliver dubious rhymes in broken meter. Hey, I kinda like this, I'm digging this Klein guy. Britney Spears shouldn't wear baby-t's anymore, because I doubt that the president's advisors sit down to bring him up to date wearing baby-t's. Ok, now I've gone too far.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home