Friday, December 03, 2004

Grandmama bringin' it old-school

Babble on.

Last night my grandparents were in town, visiting from Ottawa. The discussion around the dinner table eventually touched on the widely-publicized but anemic protests against GWB from earlier this week. Here's what my retired-grade-two-schoolteacher, adopts-abused-cats, sings-the-silliest-songs, sweetest-lady-in-the-neighbourhood grandmother had to say about the whole thing:

"Did you see they interviewed some fool with pink hair on the news? I'm going deaf, you know, but some days I just don't think it's happening fast enough."


Best. Line. Ever.

Babble off.

5 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger Shamrocks! said...

...Funny stuff. That's killer.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Joe G. said...

I like your grandmother. When I told my grandmother that I was voting Conservative in the last election she told me that Conservatives go into people's houses and poke out their eyes.

She said this to me in Italian and since I can only understand it, and not very well, I couldn't tell if she was joking, or using it as a metaphore or not. Either way, I cracked up in laughter. I wonder if she's got any stories about that from the old country.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Gordon Pasha said...

Thanks Damian, does the heart good to know there are folks out there who just see it the way it is. Cheers.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger treehugger said...

That's gold Damian, gold. In this age of constant spin and counter spin, it is refreshing to hear a spade called a spade.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger treehugger said...

That's gold Damian, gold. In this age of constant spin and counter spin, it is refreshing to hear a spade called a spade.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home