Sunday, August 08, 2004

John Mayer

Babble on.

My wife (Litlbit) and I got to play at being real adults last night. Granny watched Boo and Mini-Boo while Litlbit and I went to the John Mayer concert at the Molson Amphitheatre. It was our first night out since...since...when did the Reagan presidency end?

Anyhow, I just wanted to say that this kid is the real deal. The concert had lots of the hearthrob pop vocals for the sing-along-girls, but veered off into some beautiful guitar work for those of us who appreciate Mayer's musical talent. For example, he decided to cover a Jimi Hendrix tune halfway through his set. That's right, he covered a song written about fifteen years before most of his fans were even born. And he did it well.

If you haven't given John Mayer a listen, let me recommend him to you. And if you like his stuff, feel free to thank me for the tip by sending me money. I don't have any problem with large bills.

Babble off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home