Monday, May 07, 2007

Oh, how the mighty have fallen

Babble on.

Buzz Hargrove, call your PR department:

After working 23 years for General Motors, Paul Harrison sought a job Saturday with the domestic automaker's chief rival -- Toyota.

***

Harrison, a 47-year-old licensed industrial mechanic, was one of hundreds of job seekers Saturday who converged on the Toyota job fair at the Holiday Inn.

***

None of the job applicants were bothered by Toyota being a non-union environment.

"If I can't hold onto my job without a union backing me, then I have no business working," Harrison said.


I seem to recall saying something the other day about the necessity of adding value...if your union members don't figure you're bringing them much, you have to wonder how long they'll continue to pay the dues.

Babble off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home