Thursday, October 12, 2006

More greenhouse gases, please

Babble on.

Global warming, my pasty white ass.

It's October frickin' twelfth, for crying out loud. And in the sprawling countryside west of Toronto, we have snow. SNOW. Right now, outside my frickin' window. As I type this.

Don't believe me? Take a glance down my street.



What? You can't see my street? That's because there's a crapload of cold white fluffy stuff blowing and swirling out of the sky.

Look at my poor tree, my fence! It's not even Halloween yet!



Am I unimpressed? Note the unimpressed face on this blogger as I get dusted with a light coating of snow. Which takes all of a few seconds, since, in case I haven't mentioned it yet, we're in the middle of a frickin' snowstorm not halfway through October.



I live at the same latitude as Marseilles on the Mediterranean. The same as Tuscany. The same as Sapporo, Japan.

If we're going to have Global WarmingTM, at least send a little of it my way.

*shiver*

Babble off.

Update: Silver lining? At least I don't live in Buffalo. Of course, you don't need a snowstorm to say that...

4 Comments:

At 10:26 p.m., Blogger Carolyn Gardner said...

I'd like to feel sorry for you, but I can't (it's a deeply embedded anti-Ontario we westerners are raised with ;-). Then again I'm from Winnipeg, also known as "winterpeg", mosquito and pot hole capital of Canada. We've had snow in June. So when I hear people on the streets of Ottawa complaining how cold it is, or how cold it gets... I laugh my ass off.

 
At 11:44 p.m., Blogger wayward son said...

If you only knew what climate change was.

 
At 11:29 a.m., Blogger Sheldon Kotyk said...

I'm doing my best. I've had pizza the last three days and I'm producing as much gas as a body can.

 
At 3:40 p.m., Blogger Chris Taylor said...

The driving time to Buffalo is probably shorter. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home