Thursday, February 02, 2006

Four posterity

Babble on.

If I get tagged by Timmy with this 'four things meme' that's going around the 'sphere, does that make it a double-double?

Get it? Double-double is actually four, which is what the meme is all about! You see what I'm doing here? What? C'mon, it's two twos, and I'm playing off Timmy the blogger and Tim Horton's. It's funny. Seriously.

Bah, you guys have no sense of humour... *muttering*

On with it, then:

Four vehicles you've owned:

Well, I'm out of it in Round One - I've only ever owned three cars. I currently drive a '97 Lumina, before that was a hand-me-down minivan, and before that was a 1980 Toyota Tercel. The Tercel was the king of the bunch: Litlbit and I bought it for $1,600 bucks in 1993, put 100,000 kms on it, drove it across the country, and sold it in 1997 for $1,500 bucks. Best purchase I've ever made, other than an engagement ring.

Four jobs you've had:

Hmm. Waiter in high school. Officer Cadet in university. Car salesman before marriage. Commercial insurance account manager now. And about a million others in between.

Four places you've lived:

With thirteen different homes in my first seventeen years, and more than a few since then, I've got some selection here. My grandparents' basement with my Mom after my Dad left. Lasalle Block at RMC for three interesting years. A rental house in Esquimalt for a year, shared between me and Litlbit and two good friends from RMC posted to the naval base after grad. Currently, a little sub-division home in Oak Ridges. Now that we have Boo and Mini-Boo to take care of, I figured it was time to start paying a mortgage no matter that it's just a broom closet on a postage-stamp lot.

Four vacations you've taken:

Geez. We're broke - we don't take vacations. I guess camping in Algonquin would count - four-day canoe trips once every summer for the past number of years. My parents took my sister and me to Disney World when I was sixteen, and I loved every minute of it as much as if I'd been half that age. Bermuda the past two years on business - but with Litlbit along, it's hard not to think of it as at least partly a vacation. Oh, and I spent a long weekend in Germany once in the summer of '92. I was in Trenton on OJT and hopped a ride on a Herc going over to Lahr, stayed the weekend, and hopped another military flight back. Can't do that anymore.

Who the hell is left who hasn't done this one?

All skirts this time:

Wonder Woman
The Miniature Relapsed One
The Girl With Pearls (I was not 'sniffing'...)
Joan Tintor - just for telling WK to go stuff himself

Babble off.

3 Comments:

At 9:17 a.m., Blogger RightGirl said...

You were too sniffing. I'm used to it. MCFOD attracts quality blokes - I have no trouble basking in her limelight!

RG

 
At 9:43 a.m., Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

Does a bird-dog sniff?

 
At 4:34 p.m., Blogger Kathy said...

My response is pitifully boring...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home