Monday, January 23, 2006

Lui Who?

Babble on.

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a huge disappointment to have Lui Who? re-elected as the Liberal incumbent in my riding of Oak Ridges-Markham tonight.

Bob Callow is far more than the cardboard cutout I've seen described on leftist websites during this election. I knocked on doors with the man this past Friday, and we warmed up with a beer at a local watering hole afterwards. I told him how much the Conservative child care allowance would mean to my family, where we struggle to have my wife stay home to raise our children. He captivated all of us with stories about how he and his wonderful wife scrimped and saved when he was just starting his business.

They were so tight for money that they could only afford powdered milk. They used to make it at night before they went to bed, because while it was awful warm, it was bearable after a night in the refrigerator.

This is an honest man, a hard-working man, an honourable man. I wish him all the best.

To Lui, I have only these words: tick, tick, tick... One day the voters of this riding will awake from their slumber, and your free ride will come to a crashing halt.

Babble off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home