Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Nagging worry

Babble on.

Here's a little more background on what's going on in Nepal right now.

The constitutional coup staged yesterday by King Gyanendra, who sacked the Government, arrested ministers, declared a state of emergency, cut communications and seized power for himself, ensures neither stability nor peace. Instead, the grab looks certain only to compound Nepal’s problems and hasten the demise of the world’s last Hindu monarchy.


Nepal News remains down.

I'm getting that familiar feeling again. And I'm guessing the feeling, along with my newfound obsession with Nepali politics, won't go away until I hear from Ben.

Babble off.

2 Comments:

At 1:58 p.m., Blogger Chris Taylor said...

Ben is a canny guy and his family seems well-connected over there. I'm sure he'll make out fine with some Flashman-esque stories to tell.

 
At 2:44 p.m., Blogger Babbling Brooks said...

Yeah, he's probably being coddled by a couple of hot Nepalese babes while these geopolitical currents swirl dangerously around him. Chances are good that I'm worrying over nothing.

But it's precisely because of his connections that I'm concerned. The Romanovs were well-connected, too.

I just want to hear from him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home