Thursday, April 20, 2006

Red Fridays

Babble on.

I just received a second-hand note from someone in uniform, which I'm reprinting below. I'm not normally inclined to displays like this - in fact, I'm downright skeptical about any "pass it on" e-mails I receive - but every rule has an exception.

Red Fridays

Just keeping you "in the loop" so you'll know what's going on in case this takes off.

RED FRIDAYS ----- Very soon, you will see a great many people wearing Red every Friday. The reason? Canadians who support our troops used to be called the "silent majority". We are no longer silent, and are voicing our love for God, country and home in record breaking numbers. We are not organized, boisterous or over-bearing. We get no liberal media coverage on TV, to reflect our message or our opinions.

Many Canadians, like you, me and all our friends, simply want to recognize that the vast majority of Canadians supporting our troops. Our idea of showing solidarity and support for our troops with dignity and respect starts this Friday -and continues each and every Friday until the troops all come home, sending a deafening message that.. Every red-blooded Canadian who supports our men and women afar will wear something red.

By word of mouth, press, TV -- let's make Canada on every Friday a sea of red much like a homecoming football game in the bleachers. If every one of us who loves this country will share this with acquaintances, co-workers, friends, and family. It will not be long before Canada is covered in RED and it will let our troops know the once "silent" majority is on their side more than ever, certainly more than the media lets on.

The first thing a soldier says when asked "What can we do to make things better for you?" is...We need your support and your prayers. Let's get the word out and lead with class and dignity, by example; and wear some thing red every Friday.


Hokey? Yeah, it is. But I'll be wearing red tomorrow, and I hope you will too.

Babble off.

6 Comments:

At 5:12 p.m., Blogger Chris Taylor said...

This is a cool idea. But I don't think I have any red clothes. I'll have to go get a red tie or shirt somewhere.

 
At 12:45 a.m., Blogger RedWritingHood said...

Crap.

I'm a redhead.

I don't wear red. I don't own a single red piece of clothing.

How about my red and white Canadian flag tattoo?

Wow, I sound really negative.

I'm just going to have to dress my four year old in red and find something red!!

 
At 8:47 a.m., Blogger no sleep said...

Oh God, why did it have to be red? We really have to do something about our national colours. They should be green and blue. The Liberals have completely ruined red for me.

OC

 
At 10:34 a.m., Blogger Don said...

Look for a lot of support today in Ottawa - especially at the Scotiabank Place.

 
At 2:05 p.m., Blogger Quilting Goddess said...

I first learned about this last November through the Soldier's Angel's organization. It was more to show support for American troops in Iraq. I did start wearing red on Fridays, not only to show support for American serving in Iraq, but our Canadian troops too. Even if it is just me who realizes the importance ... I still wear red on Fridays

 
At 11:23 a.m., Blogger Eric Standlee said...

I just heard about this, and I am prior USAF, so you can bet I will wear my one read t-shirt out until you cannot read it anymore.

God bless our troops and bring each one home safe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home