Taylor's tagged me with this meme
, and I figured better to post about it here than at The Torch
. Ruin my serious blogging cred and all. Stop laughing.
Okeydokey, here goes:
- I absolutely cannot handle watching people embarrass themselves. It's like getting hit in the funny-bone, or nails on blackboard for me. Drives my lovely wife batty. I leave the room when she's watching the auditions for American Idol. If I had to pick one single character on television that has made my flesh crawl more than any other, it would be Ross on Friends. I squirmed in my seat through entire scenes of There's Something About Mary. And my discomfort is getting more pronounced with age, not less.
- If I'm eating coloured candies like Smarties or Skittles, I'll often arrange them in repeating patterns, or bar graphs by colour. Then I'll deplete them according to another pattern, like keeping each colour in equal supply, or eating two colours at a time, alternating between them, or any one of a number of other options. I try not to do it too much at work, as it's always awkward explaining to a co-worker why you're arranging your M&M's into lines on your desk.
- I love meat, but dislike eating it off the bone. I used to think it was just that a quarter-chicken dinner at Swiss Chalet was just too much work - why de-bone your own meal when you can pay to have it done before it hits the table? - but my mom thinks it goes deeper than that. She remembers me being horrified as a wee boy when I found out how hamburger was made, and thinks it may have affected my meat-eating habits into adulthood. The thing is, I love meat - chicken breasts, steaks, roast beef, turkey dinner, ham, bacon, and hamburgers. Just don't give me wings or ribs.
- I'm one of the few men alive who doesn't have to be forced at gunpoint to watch figure skating on TV.
- If a genie popped out of a lamp and told me I could be world-class at one sport, I'd pick basketball. Which, if you've met me and seen my short arms, stocky body, and inability to jump much, is kind of funny. To this day, I have dreams in which I'm playing pickup hoops with my brothers or friends, and all of a sudden in the middle of a layup I'm high enough to dunk the ball. Love those dreams.
- I pride myself on a fairly decent vocabulary, but I get my clock cleaned by my wife in word-games like Scrabble or Boggle. Consistently. By, like, a hundred points. On a positive note, it's great for keeping the old ego in check.
Now, who can I tag who hasn't already been nailed with this one?
Who will trump my weirdness?